Orangutan of Heavy Metal Monkeys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOHMM Guild

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to set your first Macro !

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

How to set your first Macro ! Empty
PostSubject: How to set your first Macro !   How to set your first Macro ! EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 5:25 am

Ok guy`s i wanted to wright something about macros, thay are a very importent part of the game !
First i want to show you how to set a macro and what they do,

Before we start you need to run wow in a minimize window, it will make it easy for you to do this,
press the little computer picture next to your action buttons to get the options box up then click
the the red video button, then click the windowed mode cheers ok now thats done lets crack
on.

How to set a chat macro !

1. First you have to get the macro page up, to do that click the quote sign above all the arrows at the very top of the chat box then click the line of text that says macros /macros.
2. Ok you should now have the macro page up the next step is to choose the Specific tab at the
top, that mean`s this macro is just for this char if you want one macro to work on all your char`s
pick the General macro tab.
3. Next click the new button and the name page will come up, give your new macro a name let`s
say its a Grats macro call it GZ then you will know what its for =) after that click the picture you
want for your macro then the Okay button should turn red now click the Okay button and it should
now be in the left window the one with loads of little box`s.
4. Now in the Enter Macro commands box at the bottom type /g then hit the space bar once
then type Grats Buddy ! or what ever you would like to say, ok all most done cheers
5. Next grab and drop your new macro from the box at the top and put it in a free action bar
space at the bottom of your game screen, now just click it and it should send a guild messages
to guild saying Grats Buddy !

Well done you have just set your first macro Very Happy

If you would like to set different macros other than guild, at the start replace /g with
any of these
/p = party
/g = guild
/1 = general
/2 = trade
/say = say message
/yell = yell
I think you get the point now so try different stuff there are loads more !

Ok now the fun stuff fighting macro`s, you can set macro`s to carry out the move
you use in the game, so instead of pressing loads of buttons you can just press one
to do five or six moves afro cool !!

There are also sequence macro`s, the one`s i use i.e i have a hunter with a pet,
i have made two macros one for hunters mark and then pet attack the other for all my bow shots and then set them to my mouse scroll wheel, so i click forward on my mouse wheel to set the hunters mark and pet attack then i click back once on
wheel for first bow shot then back again on mouse wheel for different bow shot and
so on, it`s so smooth neary all my fighting is done on mouse wheel only!

so this is the mark and pet attack
/petattack
/cast Charge
/cast Hunter`s Mark
/cast Auto Shot
all that with one click forward on mouse wheel he he easy =)

now my shot sequence macro
/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting, Steady Shot, Arcane Shot, Steady Shot,
Arcane Shot, Serpent Sting, and so on till i run out off room
the reset=target bit means after a kill it resets sequence back to the start
so i click mouse back once and it dose Serpent sting then click back again
for Steady Shot then back again for Arcane Shot, i think you`ve got by now lol
It`s just the coolist way to fight you will love it !!!

I will tell how to make and set them soon i have run out of time at the mo
oh and how to set macros to keyboard keys and mouse with key binding

phew that was a mouthfull lol puff puff

hope this helps !

Last edited by Admin on Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

How to set your first Macro !
Page 1 of 1